Cinema City – Day 5
Educons Museum of Contemporary Art of Vojvodina – cinema hall
- 14:00h – Elena, signed by Brazilian director Petra Costa. This film received had very positive reviews after its screening yesterday.
- 16:00h – How We Entered Europe – The SexA Case from the Film it LouD selection.
- 18:00h – Želimir Žilnik's The Illness and Recovery of Buda Brakus and Hot Paychecks. The former leads us to villages of Banat and events following World War I, while the latter brings to our attention a whole pleiad of colorful characters, from a man who eats ceramics to a father of seven daughters who desperately tries to get them jobs.
- 21:00h – this timeslot is reserved for the Educons presents Up To 10,000 Bucks selection.
- 23:00h – Reincarnated. This film documents the life of Calvin Broadus Jr. from his days as a young hustler in Long Beach to his success into becoming an international music icon Snoop Dog – through the ups and downs, including the loss of his closest friends Tupac and Nate Dogg. Snoop’s life has always attracted controversy.
Arena Cineplex – hall 5
- 15:00h – Whirlpool. This film brings three stories, three lives and three characters who are trying to escape from themselves, the life that is sucking them in, and dark secrets from the past that haunt them.
- 17:30h – Mamarosh. This comedy takes us to New York and a middle-aged cinema operator and his mother, who escaped the NATO bombing of Serbia in 1999. He gets swept away in many humorous situations while trying to find his place under the lights of New York.
- Novi Sad premiere at 20:00h – Withering. The film deals with the painful subject of the dying out of Serbian villages, but also pses a question whether we can ever leave our roots.
- 22:30h – Trolling. The film follows three young protagonists of a different social status, who are obsessed by the love for the wrong person.
Arena Cineplex – hall 3
Arena 3D Open Air
- 15:15h – A Letter to My Father. The winner of the 59th Pula Film Festival. This is a beautifully told story about a relationship between father and son, who question the communication issues that have accumulated through the years.
- 17:30h – this timeslot is reserved for two films signed by Želimir Žilnik - Kenedi Goes Back Home and Kenedi is Getting Married.
- 21:00h – Zivan Makes a Punk Festival.
- 22:30h – Rhino Season. This film, which had been screened from Toronto to San Sebastian, introduces us with Kurdish-Iranian poet Sahel, who has just been released from prison after serving a 30-year sentence. All he wants is to find his wife, who believes him to be dead. His journey to Istanbul will prove to be perilous for he cannot seem to shake the ghosts of his past.
- 20:30h – One Direction
- 23:00h – Star Trek: Into Darkness
Amstel Open Air
Gallery of Matica Srpska
- 21:00h – Circles, directed by Srdan Golubović
- 23:00h – Superstar. This film is a story about a man who becomes famous over night, without being able to explain why. While trying to understand his sudden fame, he will get into even bigger trouble.
- 20:00h – Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry. This film speaks about Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, and his criticism of the country he live in, but also about the country’s response in form of orchestrated fights against him, his voice, message and art.
Have fun at the Cinema City festival!